December 2018 update
See also Regular Events and
|CEILIDH IN SUCKLEY CHURCH
A fun time for all - no experience necessary!|
Come and celebrate the fact that we now have the beginnings
of a great new community venue here in the heart of the village.
Enjoy Suckley's best dance floor, from 7pm!
Suckley's very own Lynne and Dave Barker and their
Ceilidh band Stone the Crows will keep us on our toes.
Suckley's own brewers from The Hop Shed Brewery
will be there too with beer, wine and soft drinks,
so enjoy Suckley in style and bring your friends.
Tickets from Suckley Village Shop:
adults: £10, family ticket £20,
including a light supper
Saturday 19 January 2019, 7pm at Suckley Church
- Services at Suckley Church are
on Sundays at varying times - see details above or notices locally for
details. The Team Vicar is the Reverend Anne Potter (01886 832355).
The churchwardens are Anne Lewis and Liz Devenish,
the church secretary is Richard Lewis and the treasurer is Diana
Holloway. A parish magazine called The Sphere is published
monthly, shared with the neighbouring parishes of Bransford, Alfrick, Lulsley
and Leigh. The magazine is edited by Peggy Johnson, assisted by David Fowler.
- Bell Ringing practices
are held on the first, second and fourth Wednesdays of each month, from
7:30 - 9pm at the church. The Bell Tower Captain is Linda Taylor (884280).
- Fledglings Nursery School at The Hop Kilns, Suckley welcomes children aged 3 months to 5 years, Monday to Friday, 8am until 6pm.
- Suckley and District Pony and Youth Club is a group of young local people of mixed ages who meet and make
friends with people of similar interests. They meet every other Tuesday
evening from 6:30pm to 8pm.
- Suckley Harriers Junior Football Club (6-11 year olds - Primary School age) meet Saturdays, 10:30am-12noon,
using the all-weather pitch at Suckley playing fields. Cost: £1 per
- Yoga Class at Suckley Village
Hall - contact Barbara Wall